[Abcde-users] Forcing abcde to use a known DiscID

Michel Pitermann michel.pitermann at univ-amu.fr
Wed Oct 7 19:51:18 BST 2020

Hello Christian,

> When data are missing from musicbrainz, I usually run the
> abcde-musicbrainz-tool standalone, then open the musicbrainz URL
> given
> there in my browser and attach the ID to an existing album or add a
> new
> album on musicbrainz.
>
> That way, musicbrainz gets better and I can use the data to rip the
> CD
> afterwards.

Thank you very much.  Since my CD was a German release instead of the
UK one provided in Musicbrainz with a different art cover, I added a
new release, then I used the new data to successfully rip my CD.  I had
a hard time to figure out how to do everything, but it worked well once
I understood.

I however did not find out how to use abcde-musicbrainz-tool to attach
a Disc ID to an existing album.  I got the full CD information but I
did not know what to do with it.  I therefore installed Picard to do
the job, but it seemed uselessly heavy to install such a piece of
software just to attach a Disc ID to an existing release.

Best regards,

pit

Michel Pitermann
CNRS - Aix-Marseille University           Laboratoire Parole et Langage
5 avenue Pasteur, BP 80975        13604 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 1, France
tel: +33 - (0)4 13 55 27 05