Code of Conduct updates?

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sat Nov 4 17:40:45 GMT 2023

Hi all,

Prompted by discussions from shim reviewers, we should probably review
the Code of Conduct in various repos. Looking at pesign, shim, efivar
and efibootmgr (as examples, I'm 100% sure there are more!) I can see
that Robbie is the listed contact person for CoC issues. While he
*might* still be interested, I'm thinking it'd probably be a good plan
to update these:

 * to include current *people* rather than a single person
 * to maybe add a central contact alias/address for the people

Yes?

In terms of the *people*, we should probably look for volunteers for
this from multiple interested parties. While all of the above repos
are hosted under the rhboot organisation, I hope we'd all agree that
Red Hat are not the only people invested here!

I'm happy to help with this kind of stuff, **so long as** others join
in too. I've got relevant background already, as a member of the
Debian Community Team.

I'm basically happy with the contents of the CoC as it stands [1],
based directly on the commonly-used Contributor Covenant document. [2]
But let's get things set up better...

Speaking of which, I remember that Jared asked me ages ago to choose
and publish a CoC for the (mostly dormant) EFI mailing lists I'm
hosting. I've totally failed to do that, sorry. :-/

[1] e.g. https://github.com/rhboot/pesign/blob/main/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
[2] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/1/code_of_conduct.html

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com