[Abcde-users] abcde

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sun Jun 24 08:48:30 BST 2012

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:24:15PM +0100, Reuben Thomas wrote:
>On 31 May 2012 13:58, Reuben Thomas <rrt at sc3d.org> wrote:

>>> Kind of you to ask: issue 22, which may be hard to fix in general, but which
>>> has a simple workaround; issue 50, which contains a patch necessary to the
>>> workaround for issue 22; issue 57, which looks as though it just needs a
>>> decision; issue 61, which I filed after trying to find abcde yesterday, and
>>> is a simple bit of web editing; issue 44, where if you agree with me the
>>> hack should simply be removed, and if you don't agree with me, documented.
>>
>> Ping! Nice to see the recent updates. Issue 61 is fixed, but the rest
>> of my list above remain. I think that trying to fix the bugs
>> preventing UTF-8 encoding working properly would be a good thing to do
>> for the next release 2.5.3. This only needs two simple fixes: issue 50
>> (which comes with a fix), and issue 22 needs a decision (to switch the
>> default ID3v2 tagger to eyed3), and apply the patch there. Closing
>> these two issues should fix UTF-8 tagging.
>
>Ping again! Great to see the 2.5.3 release. Of the remaining bugs, I
>think UTF-8 tagging is really important to fix, and the fixes are
>available. Anything I can do to help expedite this?

I might ask you to help test it, basically. My own usage of abcde
tends to be for generating flacs, so I'd be happy to get help from
somebody who cares more about MP3.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code