[Abcde-users] abcde & Musepack SV8

andrew andrew at andrews-corner.org
Tue Nov 20 10:56:34 GMT 2012

Hi,

I have noticed that it does not need a huge amount of work to alter
abcde to encode with Musepack SV8 rather than SV7, in fact I have this
running on my system now. Main difference is simply the altered name
of the encoder as tagging options remain the same and the mpcencoder
has worked well for me so far with abcde.

I would be interested in making these changes to SV8 (plus suitable
changes to man pages and sample abcde.conf) but would this be a
welcome patch?  I know musepack has not exactly set the world on fire
nevertheless abcde at the moment works only with a 'fully supported
but superceded version':

http://www.musepack.net/index.php?pg=lin

Thanks for your time,

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?