[Abcde-users] Patches to ABCDE for album artist , genres and album cover art

John Lane abcde at jelmail.com
Fri Jan 25 14:17:35 GMT 2013

Good afternoon, I haven't posted here before but I hope this is welcome.
I've been using abcde for a little while and decided to patch to support
some functionality that I needed but was unfortunately missing. I have
done the following:

     1. Allow setting the album artist when the album is a various
artists or compilation.
     2. Allow setting the album as a compilation (this fact can affect
views in iTunes).
     3. Allow the user to change the genre, or request user to supply
one if missing/invalid.
     4. Allow the user to supply album art and store it as file plus
embed it in an APIC tag.

I have read the enhancement requests on the site: issue 33 for album
art; issue 16 for album artist; I've added a new one to cover the genre
enhancement.

If these are acceptable I can work on adding album art to the other
formats - do let me know.

If this is useful or I can provide this in any other way please let me know.

best,
John