[Abcde-users] /usr/bin/abcde Contains "-if" and Confuses Color Highlighting

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Fri May 3 19:25:35 BST 2013

> On Fri, May 03, 2013 at 09:56:14AM -0800, Roger wrote:
>Noticed the abcde script contains an "-if", which confuses color highlighting
>within VI/VIM, and likely Emacs as well.
>
>Line #1097:
># FIXME # Relates to the previous FIXME since it might need the "-if" removed.
>mp3enc) $RUN_COMMAND nice $EFFECTIVE_NICE $MP3ENCODER -if "$IN" -of "$OUT" $MP3ENCODEROPTS ;;
>
>(I've never seen "if" prefixed by a dash.)

Here's quick fix for fixing color/colour highlighting within text editors.

-- mp3enc) $RUN_COMMAND nice $EFFECTIVE_NICE $MP3ENCODER -if "$IN" -of "$OUT" $MP3ENCODEROPTS ;;
++ mp3enc) $RUN_COMMAND nice $EFFECTIVE_NICE $MP3ENCODER "-if" "$IN" -of "$OUT" $MP3ENCODEROPTS ;;

It doesn't look pretty, but I think it's a small price to pay for properly
highlighted text when using a Windows binary?

Also, I have yet to find any reference to "-if" and "-of" command line options.
Matter of fact, I find little help or manual pages concerning this utility.  I
believe Lame is more commonly used, especially nowadays!

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/