[Abcde-users] Custom Command Output to Output DIR/Folder

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Wed May 15 19:36:02 BST 2013

> On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 09:46:46PM -0800, Roger wrote:
>None of the following "echo" or "printf" seemingly work within .abcde.conf or
>within the /usr/bin/abcde file just prior to the post_read function.
>
>    printf "Start CDRDAO\n"
>    printf "End CDRDAO\n"
>
>    echo $OUTPUTDIR
>    echo $OUTPUTFILE
>    echo $OUTPUTFILEDIR
>
>Reason why I'm using echo, trying to find the current variable contents during
>execution to find the variable containing the destination folder so I can do
>something such as the following without having to specify the group/album each
>time.

When post_read is called, post_read is called prior to moving files.  The above
variables which define the final destination or folder location are only
defined during and after moving the files.  (ie.  do_move)

And as such, if people really want to call cdrdao as the abcde.conf post_read
comments state and appropriately use the $OUTPUTFILEDIR variable or save to the
final destination folder, then there should be another post_move function
declared after this do_move or after these variables are defined!

I will try submitting a patch for this to the abcde google code bug tracker
when I get more time, and after testing.

At line 3121:
# post_move
# Empty post_read function, to be defined in the configuration file.
post_read ()
{
:
}

At line 4422:
++ # Execute the user-defined post_move function after defining destination
folder
++ # variables
++ post_move

--