[Abcde-users] Newbie asking for help - Patching abcde

Edward Petrie-Smith edward at petrie-smith.net
Sat Sep 28 19:44:46 BST 2013

All,
 I have just installed version 2.5.4 from source on my Ubuntu
platform.
 I remember coming across a patch that included the ability to embed
album art into the mp3 being created by abcde, and managed to find it
available from http://code.google.com/p/abcde/issues/detail?id=33. [1]
 I've used patch in the past to patch binaries etc.
(http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/appy-patch-file-using-patch-command/)
[2] but struggling with how I go about installing the patch here.
 Could somebody please help me here by explaining what I need to
patch abcde here? Can I just apply the patch in isolation, or do I
need to install patches 0001-0004 before I can apply this patch.
 Edward.

Links:
------
[1] http://code.google.com/p/abcde/issues/detail?id=33.