[Abcde-users] Patches to ABCDE for album artist , genres and album cover art

John Lane abcde at jelmail.com
Fri Aug 22 20:19:55 BST 2014

On 25/01/13 14:17, John Lane wrote:
> Good afternoon, I haven't posted here before but I hope this is
> welcome. I've been using abcde for a little while and decided to patch
> to support some functionality that I needed but was unfortunately
> missing. I have done the following:
>
>     1. Allow setting the album artist when the album is a various
> artists or compilation.
>     2. Allow setting the album as a compilation (this fact can affect
> views in iTunes).
>     3. Allow the user to change the genre, or request user to supply
> one if missing/invalid.
>     4. Allow the user to supply album art and store it as file plus
> embed it in an APIC tag.
>
> I have read the enhancement requests on the site: issue 33 for album
> art; issue 16 for album artist; I've added a new one to cover the
> genre enhancement.
>
> If these are acceptable I can work on adding album art to the other
> formats - do let me know.
>
> If this is useful or I can provide this in any other way please let me
> know.
>
> best,
> John

I was wondering if/when we might see a new version of abcde with my
patches in it. I can see from the issues tracker that the issues are
either "accepted" (16 and 33) or "started" (85) with a medium priority.
I've just checked the svn but can't see any related commits.

This is a great tool and it would be really good to get an updated
version sometime but I guess it's understandable if you're too busy :)

All the best,
John