[Abcde-users] Cleaning MAIN

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 10:25:05 GMT 2014

1) I'm in the process of reading MAIN, focusing on the unique create playist,
etc sections, and I noticed this scripting should be sectioned into it's own
respective functions so the MAIN section should look more readable and
something similar to the following:

( create_playlist_and_start_reading_tracks ) | ( batch_nogap_mode_whatever ) &

... cont ...

2) There's another section "You can't encode a file which needs to be
normalized before finishing..." which should also be put into a function and
called later within MAIN to simplify reading MAIN.

Matter of fact thinking in outline format, these processes should be linked at
a similar level to pre_read, post_read, and post_encode functions.

Within the current implementation, pre_read, post_read, and post_encode
functions fail to be able to use abcde utilized variables (ie.  $FILENAME), as
the variable contents are null or unreliable once executing within the
pre_read, post_read, and post_encode functions.

There's a lot going on within MAIN currently, most of which I don't think I use
as I just copy to PCM WAV.  Likely this is holding up implementing properly
coded pre_read, post_read, and post_encode functions.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/