[Abcde-users] post_encode won't allow user input?

David Murphy glibdud at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:12:14 GMT 2014

Using abcde 2.5.4 on Xubuntu 14.04

I'm trying to write an albumart fetching/displaying/selecting block into the post_encode function in my ~/.abcde.conf. Unfortunately, after displaying the list of options and prompting for input (via a bash "select"), abcde blows right on through and finishes running before I even get a chance to enter any input. Same thing happens if I try to offload the select to an external script which is called from post_encode. Same thing happens with read. Can anyone shed some light into why this happens and/or how else to get user input?