[Abcde-users] Exact CD copy stored in multiple FLAC files

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at cs.ioc.ee
Mon Nov 30 17:34:01 GMT 2015

Am Freitag, den 18.09.2015, 06:24 -0500 schrieb Charles Steinkuehler:
> On 9/18/2015 2:45 AM, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > What tool running under Linux is recommended for determining the sample
> > offset of my drive?
>
> These days, I think you can just use a table of drive settings:
>
> http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm
>
> > And is it possible to tell abcde the sample offset for it to
> > automatically take it into account when determining the start (and maybe
> > also the end) of the disk?
>
> That's a function of the tool you use to rip.  cdparanoia supports a
> sample offset with -O.

If a CD drive has a read offset, then I have to apply the negated offset
when reading to correct for the offset of the drive, right? So do I have
to negate the value from http://www.accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm
before passing it to cdparanoia via the -O/--sample-offset option, or is
the negation already included in the list of drive offsets on the above
web page or performed by cdparanoia?

All the best,
Wolfgang