[Abcde-users] -n option

Ell Sam ell.sam at e17th.com
Fri May 20 01:23:50 BST 2016

Hi everyone, I know that there is a way to do this. It just seems like I am
not able to figure out what I am missing to do what I am trying.

I want to rip a cd without any interaction or lookup (the computer doing it
has no internet). I would like if I can pre-supply the artist, album, and
track info so they get tagged into the mp3 files. I rather do it in a
script before I insert the cd so I can be looking at the disc while I enter
the information. I am tring to write a script that can fill in a file that
will be used when I rip. Also it seems that even the normal way does not
have an option to change the artist.

in the usage it tells me:
-n     No lookup. Don't query CDDB, just create and use template
I just dont know what to put in the template (I assume that means
abcde.conf)

In the faq it says:

Q. I would like to give the trackname and the artist_name directly to the
   encoder (in my case oggenc), but found no documentation.
A. That is not possible, since abcde gets the information from CDDB database.
   You can create a template and fill it with the option "-n". Also, you can
   get the CDDB entry and edit it yourself. abcde has also an option to drop
   back to a template if you like none of the CDDB entries, selecting 0 from
   the CDDB options.

again... I dont know what to write in the template file. (TRACK="Happy
Birthday")?

Thanks.