[Abcde-users] Changing track titles after ripping

Alan W. Kerr awkerr at aoc.nrao.edu
Sun Mar 26 18:44:23 BST 2017

well... *damn*! it's been over a year and it looks like no one else has
responded to this.  Where did the time go???

I also have a few CDs that have "wrong" track cut times.  I was working
on fixing them when "life interfered" and it became a "back burner"
project...

Anyway, to answer a few of your questions...
1) any .cue file is a separate (human readable) copy of the cue
information.  If you are making a flac file, a *copy* of this is
embedded into the flac file.
2) editing the separate cue file does *nothing* to the embedded cue file.
3) metaflac seems to be the best tool to extract the embedded cue info.
It has switches for both import/export cue file to/from a file.  So you
*should* be able to: extract, edit, re-embed the embedded cue file.

4) that's as far as I've gotten... haven't had time to work on finding
better track times or try to write the cue file back into the flac file
or to discover any glitches in this method...

Hope that helps...  even if late...  and *I* really need to make time to
work on this too!

Alan W. Kerr          awkerr at aoc.nrao.edu          Whee!(tm)