[Abcde-users] How to get cdparanoia log?

Casey Crockett linxuser at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 23:56:47 BST 2017

I've tried every which way I can think of to get the summary log from
cdparanoia, but nothing is working well.  I wonder if anyone has any
ideas.  I'm using abcde 2.8.1.
So far, I added the CDPARANOIAOPTS="--log-summary=/tmp/cdparanoia.log"
which sort of works, but for each track, it overwrites the previous instead
of appending.  Additionally, I tried adding various variables like
$OUTPUTFORMAT and $OUTPUTDIR direct and with eval, but they either end up
blank or only slashes and dashes.
I also tried to add some post_read code to copy the log somewhere to save
it, but that only runs after all the tracks are done.  If cdparanoia was
reading all tracks in one go, that might work, but as it is reading each
track the log gets overwritten.
Ideally, I would like to have access to the variables to put the log in the
same folder as the encoded files and with a similar name, something like
${OUTPUTDIR}/${OUTPUTFORMAT}.cdparanoia_log.
It appears to do the cddb query early on, so I am a little puzzled why the
variables are not filled by the time cdparanoia starts.  Would moving the
executiion of some of the functions around to get those variables filled
possibly work?  I haven't tried that yet.
Thanks for reading and any suggestions you can give.
Casey Crockett