[Abcde-users] libcdio checkexec bug

Torsten Scheck torscheck at gmx.de
Sun Mar 4 21:12:36 GMT 2018

Hi,

I tested commit f474521 (Sat, 3 Mar 2018 17:21:40) and stumbled over a bug
when abcde checks the available cd rippers in the system using the
cdromreadersyntax value.

As libcdio's executable is called cd-paranoia rather than libcdio,
new_checkexec() always fails for libcdio.

I attached a patch, which captures the cdromreadersyntax/cdromreader
mapping in a function, which can be reused when calling new_checkexec().
I was mainly careful not to introduce any side-effects, but there might be
a better design choice. If you'd like to take the patch, I can give you any
copyright assignment you need. (If it's even needed for such a small change.)

BTW: After decades of successful cd-ripping using cdparanoia, suddenly I
have several audio CDs at hand, where cdparanoia keeps ripping the same
sector forever. With libcdio's cd-paranoia it works. Strange, but thanks to
abcde I have a choice! Thank you for your work on abcde.

All the best
Torsten

Torsten Scheck <torsten.scheck at gmx.de>  Jabber:torsten at i0i0.de
GnuPG 1024D/728E 6696 F43D D622 78F1  F481 45C0 2147 69AB DD54
software engineer:open standards/access/knowledge:enthgnusiast