[Abcde-users] Musicbrainz lookup from flac image

Matthias König mk at silverserver.at
Wed May 9 20:23:01 BST 2018

On Wed, 9 May 2018 03:48:24 +0200
Matthias König <mk at silverserver.at> wrote:

> Have found a possible solution. A patch is attached to this message.
> I have tested with both types of CDs, with and without pregap. In both
> cases, the disc IDs were calculated correctly and the lookups worked
> without problems when reading from the CD and when reading from the
> flac file.
>
> Matthias König

Some more information about the proposed solution in the patch: When
abcde reads from a whole CD flac file, then the pregap must be
subtracted from the leadout. The interesting thing is that the leadout
has to be reduced by the pregap for both the musicbrainz and the cddb
calculation to get the correct discids. It may be that the changes to
the code should be different, perhaps with two if-else statements, one
for musicbrainz and one for cddb. But with all the tests I've done,
abcde has worked flawlessly with the patch I've suggested.

Matthias König