[Abcde-users] Submitting data to CDDB/FreeDB

Christian Weiske cweiske at cweiske.de
Fri May 10 20:08:59 BST 2019

Hello all,

> > There is some vestigial code in abcde to send mail to freedb to
> > allow you to submit CD entries, but it's from before my time and
> > I've never played with it. freedb should be quite easy to work with
> > like this. I would *not* recommend doing the same with Musicbrainz,
> > as they want much more information for injecting CD data and we
> > don't ask for all that information. Instead, the code we have just
> > transforms MB data to look like cddb data.
>
> Cool, I'll try to take a look some time soon (next week? maybe?). (I
> remember what the MB stuff looks like, I think… :^>)

I've submitted some data manually to freedb, and never got a response -
not even from their test services that are meant to respond.

I think that CDDB is dead, and that all energy should go into
MusicBrainz support.

I'd really like to see that Musicbrainz link that one can use to submit
data on their website.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-