[Abcde-users] CD rip speed

Jeff Mohler speedtoys.racing at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 07:32:33 BST 2020

New to the list, but have been working with this for about a week,
preparing to rip out a # of hundred CDs...

My issue is rip speed, even to WAV it -seems- slow, 8-10min per CD.

It is an ancient PC, but its a brand new 24x internal SATA drive, and im
working out the kinks before I start loading 10 drives at a time on either
this PC, or I may grab a 12yr newer CPU and such for the projects.

I see cdparanoia using practically no CPU in the RIP, and near 0 HDD
activity as well..its just, slow.

I have speed=24 set in the conf file as well, on 2.9.3 abcde.

--
---
Gustatus Similis Pullus