[Abcde-users] what to do?

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sun Aug 9 21:50:25 BST 2020

Hi Rich,

On Sun, Aug 09, 2020 at 12:12:36PM -0600, Rich Painter wrote:
>My Ubuntu 14 repo is still showing abcde at 2.5.4

There's a reason for that - that's a *really* old LTS release and it's
way past EOL. I'd *strongly* recommend upgrading to get security
support at least.

>And the CDDB server status resolves nothing.
>
>What should we do to get a working abcde? Is there something we can edit in a
>config file to at least let the program run and I manually enter titles?

You could try adding "-n" on the command line, or "CDDBAVAIL=n" in
your config file. If you move forward to a current version of Ubuntu
you'd also have the option of using Musicbrainz for lookups.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
There's no sensation to compare with this