[Abcde-users] getalbumart and embedalbumart only, after ripping

Lee einval_mailing_list at plast.id.au
Fri Jul 31 09:34:45 BST 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to create an efficient workflow to rip my ~1000 CDs. I've
automated most of it, using abcde in batch mode.

There are many albums that are not in musicbrainz nor cddb. That's fine.
I intend to check and modify the tags manually for all albums anyway.
However, after adding the correct artist/title for these missing albums,
I'd love to use abcde to then add the cover art automatically.

Is it possible to only use the `getalbumart,embedalbumart` part of abcde
without any other part of its workflow? I tried without a CD loaded:

$ abcde -a embedalbumart
[WARNING] something went wrong while querying the CD... Maybe a DATA CD or the CD is not loaded?
[WARNING] Error trying to calculate disc ids without lead-out information.

and if I insert a CD, abcde seems to query the CD itself instead of
looking at the already-ripped files.

I know that if I run abcde in interactive mode, and add the CDDB data
manually within abcde, it can then find the album art fine. However, is
is possible to add this after ripping is complete?

Cheers,
Lee.