[Abcde-users] does musicbrainz work in 2.9.3 ???

Alan W. Kerr awkerr at aoc.nrao.edu
Sat Jun 20 22:46:43 BST 2020

No, I have the current abcde-musicbrainz-tool.  But as the error says,
line 19 of abcde-musicbrainz-tool states that WebService::MusicBrainz
needs version 1.0.4, but I have version 0.930.0

Or rather, I have version 0.93-1.1 of libwebservice-musicbrainz-perl,
which is the actual name of the webservice.  Synaptic says that 0.93-1.1
is the "Latest Version"... so I can't upgrade to 1.0.4

*so*, the problem is "how to upgrade libwebservice-musicbrainz-perl to the
required 1.0.4?"

Usually, a needed lib will be in the tar.gz file or you will be told what
ppa (or other repository) will be needed.

Alan