[Abcde-users] Forcing abcde to use a known DiscID

Christian Weiske cweiske at cweiske.de
Mon Oct 5 05:14:17 BST 2020

Hello Michel,

> I have been using abcde for a while in a very satisfying way.  I am
> amazed by the quality of the piece of software.  Congratulations!
>
> I have a CD release that is not in MusicBrainz database but the USA
> version with the same metadata is in the base (title, artist, year,
> genre...).  I could not find a way to force abcde to use the DiscID of
> the American CD to fetch the metadata.  I even replace abcde-
> musicbrainz-tool by a bash script echoing the DiscID of the American
> CD but to no avail.  I clearly did not provide the right piece of
> information in my script.  How can I force abcde to select the
> American CD or how am I suppose to proceed?

When data are missing from musicbrainz, I usually run the
abcde-musicbrainz-tool standalone, then open the musicbrainz URL given
there in my browser and attach the ID to an existing album or add a new
album on musicbrainz.

That way, musicbrainz gets better and I can use the data to rip the CD
afterwards.

Note: After editing musicbrainz, delete the ~/abcde.* folder with the
temporary data.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-