[Abcde-users] Forcing abcde to use a known DiscID

Christian Weiske cweiske at cweiske.de
Wed Oct 7 20:35:49 BST 2020

Hello Michel,

> Thank you very much.  Since my CD was a German release instead of the
> UK one provided in Musicbrainz with a different art cover, I added a
> new release, then I used the new data to successfully rip my CD.  I
> had a hard time to figure out how to do everything, but it worked
> well once I understood.

Yes, understanding the Musicbrainz structure is hard at first.

> I however did not find out how to use abcde-musicbrainz-tool to attach
> a Disc ID to an existing album.  I got the full CD information but I
> did not know what to do with it.  I therefore installed Picard to do
> the job, but it seemed uselessly heavy to install such a piece of
> software just to attach a Disc ID to an existing release.

Running the tool gives you an ID and an URL:
$ abcde-musicbrainz-tool
JhAP0et3qhXgj23tfp1zwa8hLco- 11 150 16840 37452 55435 75537 95600
113302 132235 150460 172347 185525 2753
http://musicbrainz.org/cdtoc/attach?id=JhAP0et3qhXgj23tfp1zwa8hLco-&tracks=11&toc=1+11+206545+150+16840+37452+55435+75537+95600+113302+132235+150460+172347+185525

When opening that URL in the browser, you can search for the artist and
then select the release with the same number of songs in it, and the ID
gets attached to it.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-