[Abcde-users] Forcing abcde to use a known DiscID

Christian Weiske cweiske at cweiske.de
Sat Oct 10 08:44:27 BST 2020

Hello Michel,

>> Running the tool gives you an ID and an URL:

> Actually it does not here.  I have abcde 2.9.3 downloaded from
> https://abcde.einval.com/download/, and abcde-musicbrainz-tool only
> provide the Disc ID, the number of tracks, the leader sectors of the
> tracks, and the total time of the CD in seconds.  No URL addresses.

I guess I manually patched it version 2.9.3.

In abcde-musicbrainz-tool on line 81, just before the "undef $disc;" I
added two lines:

     my $url = $disc->submission_url();
     printf("%s\n", $url);

Now I can run the musicbrainz-tool when a disc is not found and get the URL.

This is not as comfortable as J.D. Laub's patch, but only needed minimal
effort on my side :)

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-