[Abcde-users] Errors ripping CDs with only one song / track on them

Dan Hargens dhargens at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 05:53:08 GMT 2022

I've discovered a problem with CDs that only have one song on them. I have
this problem now on 2 different CDs, so I know it's not me. When it tries
to rip it, it reports:
---
Insufficient or missing discinfo data.
[ERROR] abcde: abcde-musicbrainz-tool failed to run; ABORT
---

When running the command "cd-discid /dev/sr0" on the disc, it returns the
following (each CD listed below):

Bob Dylan - 2nd CD of "Rough & Rowdy Ways" is a single:
---
0203f601 1 150 1016
---

Brian Eno - "Reflection" CD is a single song:
---
020ca801 1 150 3242
---

I'm not sure what to make of this. Any ideas? Anything I can check to help
determine where the problem lies?

Thanks in advance,
Dan