[Abcde-users] Error with a multi-session disc

Dan Hargens dhargens at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 06:05:48 GMT 2022

Hello all.

I'm having an issue with a multi-session disc. It's an "Enhanced CD" which
contains "bonus multimedia content". I don't care - I just want the audio
only. (Quicktime on audio CDs was just stupid.)

Prior to running abcde on the disc, I check it to see if it's
multi-session; if so I know I need to adjust something or seven to work
with this oddity. That said, it doesn't look like I handled it so it just
continues on and errors.

So, the disc in question is "Disturbed / Believe".
It reads off the disc the following:
9f0e820d 13 150 16745 32492 52682 72752 91600 106150 123925 140925 160520
177995 195430 224575 3716
which would mean the cddb file should be '9f0e820d'.
However, when abcde retrieves the CDDB info, it creates the file '870b180c'
in the cddb directory.

The created file (870b180c) looks correct, and has the following in it:
# Track frame offsets:
#       150
#       16745
#       32492
#       52682
#       72752
#       91600
#       106150
#       123925
#       140925
#       160520
#       177995
#       195430

which mostly matches the above rawread info off the disc, and also has the
following in it:
DISCID=w.cYYvwNpAcKWZbb97Weuu5EjnQ-

abcde can't find the missing file, and doesn't know about the other file,
so it errors and fails, stopping the rip. I made a link from the created
file to the expected file and it works, but that avoids the problem rather
than addresses & fixes it. (I think the last time I had this problem I
copied / moved the file into place and sidestepped the problem.)

Any ideas on what's happening here, or clues on how to handle it? I'm
assuming the calculations are off, but that's above my knowledge level.

Thanks in advance,
Dan