[Abcde-users] warning Invalid numeric genre id: 255

Hans Artmann hans.artmann at arcasys.de
Tue Jan 16 13:22:33 GMT 2024

Alans hint with EYED3OPTS="--non-std-genres" was perfect.

I don't know if this is the right place for questions like this:

  * Why does musicbrainz not report the genre properly? I can't believe
    that the CDs I ripped so far do not have a genre assigned.
  * What else could be the reason for the '255'?
  * Why is there no default tag like 'Unknown' which could be assigned
    when no proper tag is available?
  * Who is the creator/maintainer of the genre assignments

Nonetheless, abcde does a really great job!

Hans

--

Hans Artmann

Connollystr. 22