[Abcde-users] How to Contribute?

Anthony Carrico acarrico at memebeam.org
Thu Mar 28 12:32:31 GMT 2024

On 3/27/24 22:55, Chris Ruddy wrote:
> Hi, I just started using abcde to rip my CD collection to flac and have
> been quite happy with it. I'd like to contribute improvements and bug
> fixes. How do I do that?
>
> My first bug fix is to fix the bug in abcde-musicbrainz-tool that
> prevents it from working when the CD only has one track. ...

This is already fixed here:
   https://github.com/glanois/abcde/pull/4

So you may want to use that fork.

I agree that it would be nice to get the current fixes upstream, but
seems to be offline currently:
   https://git.einval.com/git/abcde.git

It would be nice to get the fix(es) into distributions. This one
references the fork:
   https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/278150

README says:
   Steve McIntyre <93sam at debian.org>
   Andrew Strong <andrew.david.strong at gmail.com>
   abcde was originally created by Robert Woodcock <rcw at debian.org>

I've Cc the two maintainers, to see if they are still active.

At least this list seems to be working!

--
Anthony Carrico