[Abcde-users] 2.6.1 soon?

Johannes Gernemann j.gernemann at gmx.net
Sun May 10 13:36:22 BST 2015

Am 10.05.2015 um 12:11 schrieb andrew:

> Thanks again Johannes, I have applied the patch. I am still very
> excited about the whole album art work which is working beautifully on
> my setup

Thanks to you for all the testing + integration and for keeping abcde alive and up to date! I know there ist a lot of work behind it.
I'm glad to hear you like the new feature. I actually started this quite some time ago when I was building a fully automated CD ripper on a headless minimalistic server. Just drop in a CD, have it ripped without any manual interaction, see the music files pop up on my music streamer in the network including cover art. The first version was OK but not so reliable, so I never made that public. Later I came up with the idea of that 3-step approach that seems to work just beautifully as you said. I'm glad to share this idea and to give at least a little share to FLOSS.

Johannes