[Abcde-users] 2.6.1 soon?

andrew andrew.david.strong at gmail.com
Fri May 29 04:46:55 BST 2015

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 01:27:15PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> Yes, we're well overdue I think. :-)

I have pretty much done all that is in my powers to prepare for the
release:

 * Altered the docs to reflect a release of 2.7 (rather than 2.6.1)
 * Fixed as many bugs as I can
 * Published a beginning effort on getalbumart:
   http://www.andrews-corner.org/getalbumart.html
   with a little more work to do here...
 * Cleaned up the general wiki page:
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABCDE
   with a commitment to adding in the 2.7 release information
 * Exhaustively tested all of the new features for abcde, especially
 * the mp3 tagging fixes, addition of fdkaac, wavpack and ape encoding
 * etc. Tested the revived USEPIPES function, the new libcdio cd-paranoia
 * ripper, the altered mungefilename function, even the revived old
 * encoders l3enc and mp3enc have been well tested.

What I have not touched is the Debian packaging material as I do not
run Debian and have only a very small knowledge of the black art of
Debian packages :). It is all so much easier under Slackware btw...

For 2.7.1 I am hoping to add in support for True Audio encoding with
ttaenc, tagging by Mutagen's mid3v2 but this will wait until after the
release...

Looking forward to the release!

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?