[Abcde-users] Possible to include track number in cdparanoia opts?

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Wed May 1 20:53:39 BST 2013

> On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 03:07:07PM -0400, Mike Poirier wrote:
> ...snip...
>   I don't understand your proposed solution with the numbering.  It totally
>   sounds like what I need, and that's what I was attempting to do by
>   including the TRACKNUM in the CDPARANOIAOPTS variable.
>   Where would I add the counter and the file name set code you suggest? Does
>   that go right in the .abcde.conf file?
>   Is there any kind of hook / command in the .conf that I can utilize to run
>   a post-rip command?

Now that you mention it, you could do put the script incanatation to move the
cdparanoia log file to an incremented suffix within the abcde.conf within the
post-read function. ;-)

Something like the following scripting.

COUNTER=0
let COUNTER=$COUNTER+1
mv cdparanoia.log cdparanoia-$COUNTER.log

(Writing from memory and needs debugging. ;-)

The first, sets up a self incrementing counter after initializing to zero.  The
second moves or renames your named cdparanoia.log file to another name with an
incremented suffix number.  (ie. cdparanoia-0.log, cdparanoia-1.log,
cdparanoia-2.log)

Later you can use:
$ fgrep ~/.abcde* -r -e "ERROR"

It's not abcde's job of providing the cdparanoia.log that I'm aware of, and is
a job performed by cdparanoia.  As such, it's cdparanoia's job of incrementing
it's log files after each run, but as most tools, it doesn't.  (ie. Mutt EMail
Client will increment it's debug files itself for good reasons.)

And don't forget to activate KEEPWAVS or deactivate "clean" within ACTIONS to
preserve the tmp abcde files, as this file contains the cdparanoia log?

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/