[Abcde-users] "CD backups" produced with "abcde -1 -o flac -a default, cue" sometimes miss the first few frames

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Tue Oct 1 03:58:50 BST 2013

On 9/29/2013 8:43 AM, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for asking, but I'd really love to see this problem fixed. Is
> there anything I should do? Should I create an issue on Google code?

What problems are you seeing?  I wrote what I believe is the basis for
the existing one-track ripping to flac with a cue file feature.  It
works fine for me, but I haven't merged with the upstream abcde in a
while (ok, a *LONG* while) so there could definitely be something broken.

Do you have particular CDs that cause issues?  IIRC, the main key to
getting this to work correctly was to not pass a track number to the
cdrecord, but use sectors or a "grab everything" short-hand when ripping
one track.  If you use track numbers, the disk start and end can be
messed with by the table of contents, and you won't get the 'hidden'
audio on certain CDs.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net