[Abcde-users] CDDB EXTD record ignored?

Ron ronljohnsonjr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:30:19 GMT 2015

On 03/19/2015 09:03 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 08:57:01AM -0500, Ron wrote:
>> (Using abcde v2.6.1-UNRELEASED from the mc3man ppa.)
>>
>> Am I expecting something that can't be done?
> We don't do anything at all with the EXTD field at the moment, no.

Seeing EXTD data lead the user (well, *this* user) to presume that if abcde
allows us to edit it that it's going to be stored.  Not storing it (or
displaying it if you aren't going to store it) seems like a bug.

> We
> could add extra code to deal with it (patches welcome!), but what
> would you want to do? Simply dumping it as an extra flac tag is easy
> enough,

Yup, that's it.  Just store the tag.

>   but not likely to do much for most people.

For classical music, storing info like the composer, record label and
catalog number are helpful when determining which recording a file is from.
Mostly, though, the reason I want it is for "completeness".

--
Scientia Addo Vereor