[Abcde-users] CDDB EXTD record ignored?

Roger rogerx.oss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:09:37 GMT 2015

>Yup, that's it.  Just store the tag.
>
>>   but not likely to do much for most people.
>
>For classical music, storing info like the composer, record label and
>catalog number are helpful when determining which recording a file is from.
>Mostly, though, the reason I want it is for "completeness".
>
>> I don't see much we
>> can do in other metadata formats like id3, either...

In my view, tagging is somewhat like eye candy.  Listening to classical music,
I'm more apt to listen to the music versus reading tags.  And, I typically use
PCM WAV instead of any compressed formats for obvious reasons, for which PCM
WAV doesn't typically work well (if at all) with tagging.

Seemingly the main benefit of tagging, is for searching for a music title
conducted by another composer but initially written by somebody else.  (ie.
Searching for Mozart, Beethoven, ...)  I have never really used grouping, even
though it would seem like a useful feature.

If I ever get any time, I'll focus my efforts on decluttering so these extra
features can be merrily easily & quickly implemented within a separate
function.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/