[Abcde-users] Wrong track starts after splitting

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at cs.ioc.ee
Thu Jan 21 14:29:52 GMT 2016

Hi,

I used abcde to rip a couple of CDs, turning each CD into a single FLAC
file plus a cue sheet. Afterwards, I used abcde to split the FLAC files
into one FLAC file per track.

Unfortunately, I discovered that with some CDs, the track boundaries
after splitting were obviously wrong. Tracks started to late, so that
the very beginning of a track was still part of the previous file.

In one case, even the beginning of the first track was missing. However,
it was missing only in the FLAC file of this first track, not in the
FLAC file of the whole CD.

I looked into the *.cue file of this CD and found that it started like
this:

    PERFORMER "blah"
    TITLE "blah"
    FILE "blah.flac" WAVE
      TRACK 01 AUDIO
        INDEX 00 00:00:00
        TITLE "blah 1"
        INDEX 01 00:00:33
      TRACK 02 AUDIO
        TITLE "blah 2"
        INDEX 01 00:35:45

What I found suspicious was the line “INDEX 01 00:00:33” in the section
for track 1. Why is this 33 there?

Any help on how to fix this problem is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Wolfgang