[Abcde-users] Single flac file with embedded cuesheet is missing the first few sectors

Gabriel Rosenkoetter gr at eclipsed.net
Tue Oct 4 06:58:58 BST 2016

On 03 Oct, 2016, at 15:49 EDT, Matthias König <mk at silverserver.at> wrote:
> On 10/03/2016 03:19 PM, Gabriel Rosenkoetter wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps you could submit a patch at https://abcde.einval.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?
>>
>> (What you’ve written over the past few days makes sense to me, but I don’t have any CD/DVD-ROMs attached to computers that run Linux, so I can’t really test and produce diffs myself.)
> I downloaded the snapshot from here:
> https://git.einval.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=abcde.git;a=tree
> Then I made the changes to the abcde script and created the patch file
> with diff. The patch is attached to this message. I tested everything
> with different kind of CDs. This is the first time that I create a
> patch. Can you tell me if I have done everything right?

Sounds like you did everything right.

To be clear, I'm not a maintainer of abcde, I'm just another user of it. I was responding because I recently submitted a similar feature addition (check multiple CDDB methods) as a "bug" fix (which I think should be in the next release that Steve's working on now). Plausibly, your submission of that patch (which I have no way to test: I don't have any physical computer where it makes sense to run cdparanoia; all of the physical computers I own run macOS) to the mailing list is enough. I think that if I were Steve and Andrew (who's taking a break from computers at large at the moment), I'd find it easier to track the submission if you created a Bugzilla ticket about it. So, maybe go submit it that way too? I can't speak for them, but I'd find that easier to track.

--
Gabriel Rosenkoetter
gr at eclipsed.net