[Abcde-users] Anybody considered adding Discogs as yet another CDDB source?

Johannes Gernemann j.gernemann at gmx.net
Wed Sep 7 15:43:31 BST 2016

Discogs as another cddb method for abcde would be great! Many open
source tools already support their API. Have a look at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discogs#Discogs-aware_Meta-Data_Software
They also have lots of album art / cover pictures in their database. If
anyone could add discogs to abcde I will be happy to update the
getalbumart() section

Yet another great database is gracenote (even though there is some
controversy in the foss world about it). My bluray player is using the
gracenote database and has never failed looking up a CD. As far as I
understand it, they have an open API and wrappers for different
programming languages, but you need a developer ID
https://developer.gracenote.com/web-api

Johannes