[Abcde-users] Able to set per-encoding output location?

Joel Johnson mrjoel at lixil.net
Mon Jul 24 01:22:36 BST 2017

I'd like to have the FLAC files be primary, but also have an mp3 version
available for lower space usage when loading onto phones, tablets, mp3
players, etc. To accomplish this, I'd like the following structure, but
can't see how to specify a separate output location based on encoding
type. Does this amount to a new feature request, or am I missing
something currently existing?

I currently have:

     OUTPUTFORMAT='${ARTISTFILE}/${ALBUMFILE}/${TRACKNUM} - ${ARTISTFILE}
- ${TRACKFILE}'
     PLAYLISTFORMAT='${ARTISTFILE}/${ALBUMFILE}/${ARTISTFILE} -
${ALBUMFILE}.m3u'

which is what I want for FLAC files, but I'd like to add something like
the following for the mp3 version, so that they are visually out of the
way:

     OUTPUTFORMATMP3='${ARTISTFILE}/${ALBUMFILE}/mp3/${TRACKNUM} -
${ARTISTFILE} - ${TRACKFILE}'
     PLAYLISTFORMATMP3='${ARTISTFILE}/${ALBUMFILE}/mp3/${ARTISTFILE} -
${ALBUMFILE}.m3u'

On the playlist side, when encoding multiple formats and generating a
playlist, a question is issued which isn't clear as to the purpose,
asking "Erase, Append to, or Keep the existing playlist file?".

Joel