[Abcde-users] eyeD3 dependency oddity

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sun Apr 1 15:08:29 BST 2018

I just installed abcde (on Mint 18) and found a missing dependency on eyeD3:

$ abcde
[ERROR] abcde: eyeD3 is not in your path.
[INFO] Define the full path to the executable if it exists on your system.
[INFO] Hint: sudo apt-get install

I rootled around Google and found lots of people get this, and it needed
python-eyed3 which I installed OK (using apt-get). But it clearly hasn't
installed anything in my path (after logout/login) because I am still
getting the same error message.

Does anyone know how to tell abcde that python-eyed3 is installed, where
it is, and how to use it. I'm not a Python person, so I don't know what
it has installed — I had assumed an executable, but obviously not.

///Peter