[Abcde-users] eyeD3 dependency oddity

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sun Apr 1 19:35:39 BST 2018

On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 03:08:29PM +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>I just installed abcde (on Mint 18) and found a missing dependency on eyeD3:
>
>$ abcde
>[ERROR] abcde: eyeD3 is not in your path.
>[INFO] Define the full path to the executable if it exists on your system.
>[INFO] Hint: sudo apt-get install
>
>I rootled around Google and found lots of people get this, and it needed
>python-eyed3 which I installed OK (using apt-get). But it clearly hasn't
>installed anything in my path (after logout/login) because I am still getting
>the same error message.
>
>Does anyone know how to tell abcde that python-eyed3 is installed, where it
>is, and how to use it. I'm not a Python person, so I don't know what it has
>installed — I had assumed an executable, but obviously not.

Hi Peter,

The python-eyed3 suggestion is a red herring - you want to "apt-get
install eyed3" and that should fix the problem for you. python-eyed3
is the working code, but eyed3 is the command line interface that
abcde needs.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane