[Abcde-users] eyeD3 dependency oddity

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Mon Apr 2 23:58:52 BST 2018

On 01/04/18 19:35, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2018 at 03:08:29PM +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>> I just installed abcde (on Mint 18) and found a missing dependency on eyeD3:

For the record, eyed3 was not the only missing or broken dependency
(under Mint).

First, install all the missing stuff from the repos:

   apt install eyed3 glyrc libdiscid0 libdiscid-dev ogg\*

The install the missing and broken Perl stuff:

   cpan install PAR::Dist
   cpan install MusicBrainz/DiscID.pm
   cpan -f install WebService::MusicBrainz::Release

Now abcde works! But someone with more Perl than I needs to look at the
failed tests in WebService::MusicBrainz::Release :

Running Build test
t/Artist.t ........ 1/?
#   Failed test 'first artist id'
#   at t/Artist.t line 43.

#   Failed test 'first artist life-span-begin'
#   at t/Artist.t line 48.

#   Failed test 'first artist life-span-end'
#   at t/Artist.t line 49.
t/Artist.t ........ 70/?
#   Failed test 'artist url rels relation URL TYPE'
#   at t/Artist.t line 208.
t/Artist.t ........ 138/? # Looks like you failed 4 tests of 139.

Thanks to Steve and others for your help.

///Peter