[Abcde-users] Major changes before a new release - please help test!

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Thu Mar 1 02:49:45 GMT 2018

Hey folks,

I've been doing some major hacking on abcde over the last couple of
weeks, picking up on lots of bugs and also making big changes in the
CD lookup code. This is all looking good for a release soon. Yay!

However, I've also run "shellcheck" across the code as suggested in
one of our bugs and it showed *lots* of places in particular where
variable quoting was missing/unsafe. I've worked through hundreds of
such warnings and fixed most that I think make sense, so that's
good. BUT: the changes are quite intrusive and there's a good chance
that I may have broken functionality inadvertently. In the absence of
a comprehensive test suite, I'm asking for help... :-)

If you can grab the latest code from git and test that it works OK for
you, please do and respond here with any positive or negative
feedback. The repo is at

  https://git.einval.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=abcde.git;a=summary

I'd like to get any bugs created here detected and fixed before a new
release - it would be frustrating to find them afterwards.

NB: If you're using Musicbrainz, you'll need to make sure you have
WebService::MusicBrainz 1.0.4 installed for abcde-musicbrainz-tool to
work now.

Thanks!

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com