[Abcde-users] Test of abcde v2.8.2

Matthias König mk at silverserver.at
Sun Mar 4 05:30:06 GMT 2018

Hi,

this is the snapshot I used for the test:
https://git.einval.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=abcde.git;a=commit;h=f474521077575f16f73fcd04b9e915d9d0015d61

For all tests I only generated single flac files with cuesheets. I used
these configuration options:

ACTIONS=default,cue
OUTPUTTYPE=flac
FLACOPTS="-V -8"
OUTPUTDIR="/path/to/output/directory"
KEEPWAVS="y"

I used this CD:
https://musicbrainz.org/cdtoc/iYjXgvLl8z385Isf0oczUNtX9rg-

This CD has a pregap, i.e. the first track does not start at sector 0.
Everything worked without problems.

What has changed from v2.8.1 is the PERFORMER value in the cuesheet, it
is now shorter:

PERFORMER "Beethoven; Bayerisches Staatsorchester, Carlos Kleiber"
TITLE "Symphonie Nr. 4"

PERFORMER "Beethoven"
TITLE "Symphonie Nr. 4"

The same change applies to the name of the directory where the flac
file is written to:

Beethoven;_Bayerisches_Staatsorchester,_Carlos_Kleiber-Symphonie_Nr._4

Beethoven-Symphonie_Nr._4

Apparently the ARTISTFILE variable has changed. I really hope there is
a way to make both the PERFORMER in the cuesheet and ARTISTFILE like
they were before.

You get the output from WebService::MusicBrainz with this environment
variable set: export MUSICBRAINZ_DEBUG=1

The output is attached to this message. But I don’t know how to make
the changes.

I also tested CDs where the first track starts at sector 0, i.e.
without a pregap. And I tested CDs with more than one entry in
Musicbrainz. Everything worked without problems. The only problem with
all CDs now is that the PERFORMER and ARTISTFILE values are too short.

bye,

Matthias König