[Abcde-users] Test of abcde v2.8.2

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sun Mar 4 23:08:33 GMT 2018

On Sun, Mar 04, 2018 at 06:30:06AM +0100, Matthias König wrote:
>Hi,
>
>this is the snapshot I used for the test:
>https://git.einval.com/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=abcde.git;a=commit;h=f474521077575f16f73fcd04b9e915d9d0015d61
>
>For all tests I only generated single flac files with cuesheets. I used
>these configuration options:
>
>ACTIONS=default,cue
>OUTPUTTYPE=flac
>FLACOPTS="-V -8"
>OUTPUTDIR="/path/to/output/directory"
>KEEPWAVS="y"
>
>I used this CD:
>https://musicbrainz.org/cdtoc/iYjXgvLl8z385Isf0oczUNtX9rg-
>
>This CD has a pregap, i.e. the first track does not start at sector 0.
>Everything worked without problems.

OK, great.

>What has changed from v2.8.1 is the PERFORMER value in the cuesheet, it
>is now shorter:
>
>PERFORMER "Beethoven; Bayerisches Staatsorchester, Carlos Kleiber"
>TITLE "Symphonie Nr. 4"
>
>PERFORMER "Beethoven"
>TITLE "Symphonie Nr. 4"

Hmmm. Is that because of the semi-colon there? I don't *think* so -
I've just deliberately set up a cached CDDB lookup on my test machine
with a semi-colon in the artist name to see how that works, and all
looks correct.

>The same change applies to the name of the directory where the flac
>file is written to:
>
>Beethoven;_Bayerisches_Staatsorchester,_Carlos_Kleiber-Symphonie_Nr._4
>Beethoven-Symphonie_Nr._4
>
>Apparently the ARTISTFILE variable has changed. I really hope there is
>a way to make both the PERFORMER in the cuesheet and ARTISTFILE like
>they were before.
>
>You get the output from WebService::MusicBrainz with this environment
>variable set: export MUSICBRAINZ_DEBUG=1

Oh, I see - this is a difference in the Musicbrainz lookup code then.

>The output is attached to this message. But I don’t know how to make
>the changes.
>
>I also tested CDs where the first track starts at sector 0, i.e.
>without a pregap. And I tested CDs with more than one entry in
>Musicbrainz. Everything worked without problems. The only problem with
>all CDs now is that the PERFORMER and ARTISTFILE values are too short.

Right. The new Musicbrainz API is splitting artist names up much more,
with "joinphrase" fields available to show how to rebuild a full
artist list. Let me see if I can make that work...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...