[Abcde-users] Problem with 'abcde -d disc.flac'

Matthias König mk at silverserver.at
Tue Nov 13 22:46:49 GMT 2018

On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:47:25 +0100
Bjørn Forsman <bjorn.forsman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 at 20:18, Matthias König <mk at silverserver.at>
> wrote:
> > Which version of abcde do you use? Did you try the latest snapshot?
> > Does the problem occur with all CDs or only with one or with some?
>
> I'm using the abcde-2.9.2 release. I did not try the development
> snapshot (git master branch?), the 4 commits it contains after v2.9.2
> seem irrelevant. I have only tested this one CD. Seeing as the CD was
> recognized just fine in the 'abcde -o mp3' case, I figured I'd get
> this ripping process working properly before going through the rest of
> my CD collection :-)
>
> - Bjørn

I use abcde in the same way. The first run reads from the CD and
generates a single flac file. The second run reads from the flac file
and generates ogg or mp3 files.

Each run calculates two disc ids, the Musicbrainz disc id and the CDDB
disc id. If everything works correctly then the disc ids of the two
runs should be the same.

Apparently the Musicbrainz lookup fails in the second run. This could
indicate that in the second run the Musicbrainz disc id is not
calculated correctly.

If you use the -k switch, the directory containing the wav files and
other files will not be deleted. You can find the disc ids in these
files, for example:

abcde.a309a30b/cddbdiscid
abcde.a309a30b/mbdiscid

Before the second run you have to remove or rename the wav output
directory.

Matthias