[Abcde-users] Submitting data to CDDB/FreeDB

Gabriel Rosenkoetter gr at eclipsed.net
Fri Apr 19 14:33:37 BST 2019

On 2019-04-19 07:36 EDT, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> There is some vestigial code in abcde to send mail to freedb to allow
> you to submit CD entries, but it's from before my time and I've never
> played with it. freedb should be quite easy to work with like this. I
> would *not* recommend doing the same with Musicbrainz, as they want
> much more information for injecting CD data and we don't ask for all
> that information. Instead, the code we have just transforms MB data to
> look like cddb data.

Cool, I'll try to take a look some time soon (next week? maybe?). (I
remember what the MB stuff looks like, I thinkā€¦ :^>)

Do you have an opinion on the MB approach discussed and then even
provided as a patch in the thread that Christian referenced at the
beginning of this conversation? That is:

https://lists.einval.com/pipermail/abcde-users/2017-September/000244.html

In short: "MB is weird, so let's just spit out a URL, do with it what
you will."

--
Gabriel Rosenkoetter
gr at eclipsed.net