[Abcde-users] getalbumart and embedalbumart only, after ripping

Lee einval_mailing_list at plast.id.au
Wed Aug 12 12:21:49 BST 2020

Thanks Cody,

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 04:55:19PM -0500, Cody Ochs wrote:
> (first of all, profuse apologies if I replied incorrectly)

Not at all, I appreciate the reply! Thank you!

> You will likely need the -d (device) option with your file as the
> "device"

Unfortunately this didn't seem to work. I get the same warning (error?)
as before when pointing to a directory.

$ abcde -d Unknown\ Artist -a embedalbumart
[WARNING] something went wrong while querying the CD... Maybe a DATA CD or the CD is not loaded?
[WARNING] Error trying to calculate disc ids without lead-out information.

which from the abcde code seems to be caused by cdparanoia failing.

If I point to a file instead, then I get a different error.

$ abcde -d Unknown\ Artist/Unknown\ Album/01\ Track\ 1.flac -a embedalbumart
[ERROR] abcde: the input flac file does not contain a cuesheet.

Skimming the abcde code, I'm not entirely sure what the code is doing
there.

> The problem I see is that I believe the Artist and Album info for
> getalbumart are not read from the file itself, but from the information
> downloaded from Musicbrainz and "cached" in the .abcde directory.

Ah okay. I wonder if it's possible to hack where abcde looks, and put
the new disc information in there. As per my first post, if I modify the
CDDB data during interactive mode, abcde is fine, so presumably at worst
I can hack the code to continue from that point after the batch rip.

Cheers,
Lee.