[Abcde-users] Embedding album art in opus files

Matthias Heukäufer m.heukaeufer at posteo.de
Fri Jun 5 19:54:32 BST 2020

Hi!

I am trying to modify abcde to automatically embed album art in opus
files. Theoretically this should be easy, as opusenc has a --picture
option. I have changed do_encode (see attached diff), but I cannot
figure out a way to provide the name of the directory where cover.jpg
can be found at this stage of program execution. It should be in the
final directory already, but something similar to
FINDPATH="$(eval echo "$OUTPUTFORMAT")" as used in do_embedalbumart()
does not seem to work in do_encode().
Could someone with better programming skills please help me with this?

Thank you - Matthias