[Abcde-users] bug list: up to date?

Alan W. Kerr awkerr at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Mar 31 19:03:02 BST 2020

well, I've been hand-correcting and hand-adding to abcde since the late
2.6 versions and it's about time to see if these can be officially added...

fixes:
genre... there are multiple places that genreid (numerical code),
cdgenre (text genres), and genre/GENRE/Genre (various uses as a temp
variable) are incorrectly used.  Most seem to have been fixed but there
are still some...
also I was going to correct the spelling and make it match what eyed3
uses (bug 106) and also add the "third tier" of genres, 148-191, see
"eyeD3 -P genres".

new things:
Album Artist:
ability to set the Artist as the Album Artist for Various albums.  for
example, in file naming, rather than Various/Winter
Solstice/<trackname>, you could name it Windham Hill/Winter
Solstice/<trackname> so that *every* various album is not under Various.

disc number:
I've added Disc Number and Total Discs (was never happy with the
simplistic -W switch).   This fills the TPOS tag and can be used in
filenames.  I've been ripping flac whole-disc backups and naming them

${ARTISTFILE}_--_${ALBUMFILE}_--_disc_${DISCNUMBER}_of_${DISCTOTAL}

cue file naming:
I've got one transparent change to cue file naming

I've got a few other "ideas"... but they need various bugs to be fixed
first.

Alan W. Kerr          awkerr at aoc.nrao.edu          Whee!(tm)